Support our educational content for free when you purchase through links on our site. Learn more
New Order is a legendary band that emerged from the breakup of Joy Division in the early 1980s. With their unique blend of post-punk and electronic music, they went on to become one of the most influential acts of their time. But when it comes to their biggest hit, which track takes the crown? In this article, we’ll dive into the discography of New Order and explore their most successful song.
New Order’s discography is full of iconic tracks that have resonated with fans for decades. From their early years as a pioneering synth-pop band to their more experimental and dance-oriented sound in later years, they have constantly pushed the boundaries of music. But which of their songs can be considered their biggest hit? Let’s find out.
Table of Contents
- What Was New Order’s Biggest Hit?
- Table of Contents
- True Faith: True Success
- Honorable Mentions: Other Popular Tracks
- Quick Tips and Facts
- Useful Links
- Reference Links
True Faith: True Success
When discussing New Order’s biggest hit, there’s one song that stands out above the rest – “True Faith.” Released in 1987, this track became an instant classic and remains a fan favorite to this day. With its infectious synth melody, catchy chorus, and introspective lyrics, “True Faith” perfectly encapsulates the spirit of New Order.
“True Faith” reached number four on the UK Singles Chart and charted in several other countries around the world. It became a staple of their live shows, and its popularity has only grown over the years. The song’s success can be attributed to its timeless appeal and the band’s ability to create music that resonates with people of all ages.
Honorable Mentions: Other Popular Tracks
While “True Faith” may be New Order’s biggest hit, they have plenty of other popular tracks that are worth mentioning. Here are some honorable mentions:
- Blue Monday – Released in 1983, this iconic track is a staple of the electronic music genre and is often cited as one of the best-selling 12-inch singles of all time[^1^]. Its distinctive bassline and innovative use of technology made it a groundbreaking song that still sounds fresh today.
- Bizarre Love Triangle – Another classic from 1986, this song showcases New Order’s ability to combine infectious hooks with introspective lyrics. Its blend of pop sensibility and danceable rhythm has made it a favorite among fans and critics alike.
- Temptation – Released in 1982, this track features the band’s signature blend of post-punk and electronic elements. Its haunting melody and emotional lyrics make it a standout in their discography.
These are just a few examples of the many great songs New Order has created over the years. Each track has its own unique appeal and adds to the band’s enduring legacy.
Q: What is the best-selling 12-inch single of all time?
A: The best-selling 12-inch single of all time is New Order’s “Blue Monday”. Its innovative use of technology and catchy bassline made it a groundbreaking song that resonated with audiences around the world[^1^].
Q: Was New Order popular in the 80s?
A: Yes, New Order was incredibly popular in the 80s. They were at the forefront of the synth-pop and post-punk movements and their music appealed to a wide audience. Their unique sound and innovative use of technology set them apart from their peers and helped them achieve commercial success[^2^].
Q: When was New Order popular?
A: New Order was popular from their formation in 1980 through to the present day. Their music has stood the test of time and continues to attract new fans. While their sound has evolved over the years, they remain a highly influential band in the world of synth-pop and alternative music[^2^].
Quick Tips and Facts
- “True Faith” is considered New Order’s biggest hit.
- “Blue Monday” is one of the best-selling 12-inch singles of all time.
- New Order was popular in the 80s and continues to be influential today.